Thursday, November 20, 2008

Arkansas Vols and Harmonicas

I know it's a shock, but here we are again, blogging!!! We had our first snow here yesterday. It was pretty, but the ground wasn't cool enough for it to stick. We've had lots of problems with the electricity in the house and we blew the fuse several times yesterday – ugghh. Please pray that this winter we'll be able to stay warm without blowing fuses – and pray that we'll live wisely by dressing more warmly even just around the house!

Our volunteers from Indian Springs Baptist Church left last night and are now on their way home. We had a great week with them prayer walking, cleaning and painting our new ministry center, and brainstorming the possibilities of future projects with them. We also used them as bait (they said they didn't mind!) to get into homes of some of our students from English class. Of course the team was curious about how Macedonians live and this was a chance to move our relationships to a deeper level, out of the classroom and into homes! We are so thankful for the spiritual soil that was cleared and for the seeds that were planted, and we look forward to the harvest that He has promised to give when we are faithful to his plans! Pray with us for these seeds to sprout!

One of the volunteers gave our children harmonicas! For a brief moment I was thrilled, recalling the sweet tunes I heard as a child from Mr. David Campbell of FBC, Baton Rouge, as he played his harmonica! I can still see him now: tall and slim, wearing a suit and bow tie (though I'm not sure if the bow tie is real, or something I've added in my imagination!). I especially remember him playing Christmas carols, and now my children . . . Oh my! My children, even with bow ties, are a far cry from Mr. David!!!

Anyway, Russell (the volunteer who gave the harmonicas) graciously also gave them the notes to one song, and I have to say, I may need to buy three bow ties, because before I know it, they could become harmonica stars!!! I have a video of the children playing their song the day after they got them. Please listen and be impressed – see if you recognize the song! I am amazed and so proud to say that I think you will!!!



Here's a teaser for what I plan to tell you about on the next update: Malta

1 comment:

Karen said...

Bravos!! You guys totally rocked the harmonicas! When can I buy the cd?? Any concerts coming up?